- Q：What are the merits of implants?
A： - Beautiful tooth line
With implants, we will restore your natural and beautiful smile so you can continue going about your Tokyo life in full confidence.
- Natural feeling
You will not experience any discomfort while eating or speaking with an implant. Your bite will be natural and the same as it would have been with your natural set of teeth.
- No damage to surrounding healthy teeth.
Implants will not cause any damage to the healthy teeth around them. Dentists formerly used a bridge to attach an implant to a healthy tooth, but this is no longer necessary, making the intervention less intrusive.
- Q：Who is a good candidate for an implant at the Tokyo Ryo Implant Institute?
A：Everybody is a good candidate! Implants have great aesthetic advantages and can result in better diction and phonetics. Implants are especially recommended for people whose appearance is important in their line of work, but we also recommend them to anyone who is not satisfied with their current denture and would like to see an improvement. Be able to enjoy Tokyo’s gourmet scene with a new denture!
- Q：Is it possible to have a natural bite with Implants, as compared to your own teeth?
A：Yes. In fact, your bite could be even better than with your natural teeth.
- Q：Is an overnight stay at the clinic necessary?
A：No, it is not necessary. Generally the procedure takes little time.
- Q：Is general anesthesia required?
A：No. We normally use local anesthesia.
- Q：Will there be any side effects from the implants?
A：No. The main material consists of pure titanium and titanium alloys. These materials are scientifically proven to be harmless.
- Q：I'm diabetic. Can I have an implant?
A：It is possible if your condition is under control. But, if you have severe diabetes or a severe heart condition, it may not be possible to have an implant. Please consult with our Tokyo specialists to discuss your particulars.
- Q：Can I have a temporary crown during an implant treatment?
A：Yes, you can.
- Q：Can I eat normally during an implant treatment?
A：For a brief period after the implant procedure, you will need to eat with a bit of care, but overall you can eat normally, and in no time you will be enjoying all of Tokyo’s gourmet offerings!
- Q：Do implants fit naturally into the bone?
A：Yes. Statistically, the success rate for implants is close to 90 percent, but at the Tokyo-based Ryo Institute we have a 95 percent success rate.
- Q：Do implants require care in the way a natural tooth does?
No. An implant is independent from the rest of your teeth.
- Q：Is it possible to work the same day as the procedure?
A：Yes. You will not be able to do heavy exercise or bathe, but office work is fine.
- Q：Will there be any pain or swelling after the operation?
A：It depends from patient to patient as people’s sensitivity varies. You may experience some pain and swelling, but we prescribe the best post-operative care available to mitigate it.
- Q：Is an implant possible if I have no natural teeth?
A：Yes. You can have a full-mouth implant and regain a natural bite, that is the same or better than with your natural teeth.
- Q：What are the merits of Laser therapy?
A：It is a painless and effective way to sterilize cavities and gum diseases.
- Q：How many times do I need to visit the RYO DENTAL CLINIC to whiten my teeth?
A：Only once for office whitening. For home whitening in your Tokyo home, you will need to wear a mouth tray (mould) for approximately one week.
- Q：Does whitening cause any damage to my teeth?
A：No, it doesn’t. The active ingredient in our laser whitening procedure is hydrogen peroxide, which has been deemed completely safe for both teeth and body.
- Q：Is it possible to whiten dead (no nerve) teeth?
A：Yes, but the procedure might not work as well as it would on natural teeth.
- Q：What is dental esthetics?
A：Dental esthetics repairs your teeth and gums to look healthy, natural and white.
- Q：My teeth are naturally off-white. What can I do to whiten them?
A：We can apply a thin ceramic coat over the teeth to whiten them. We recommend a veneer or ceramic crown.
- Q：”I am not happy about the metal fillings in my mouth."
A：We will remove the metal fillings and replace them with ceramic ones that will look the same as your natural teeth.
- Q：”I am aware of the space between my teeth."
A：We can apply a white filling or a ceramic material to cover the gaps between your teeth to make your smile beautiful!